Event Listing Guidelines
How to Make your Listing Stand Out
While we give event organizers and promoters the flexibility to customize their event listings with HTML we often see listings that simply don't look enticing or give any assurance to our users of the quality of your event. Better quality listings will lead to more click throughs to your website. It's that simple. So make the effort.
We highly recommend:
- Inserting images into your listing. Use the image icon when you edit an event details. Make sure to keep the size small enough to display. Maximum width should be 460px.
- Embedding videos from sites like Youtube or Vimeo which give you snazzy code to insert into your listing. You need to know some basic HTML and click the HTML icon when you edit event details. Maximum width should be 460px.
- Avoid bad formatting, big margins, or big type
- Avoid all kinds of colors. Keep it clean and organized so people can read your listing easily
How to Get Your Listing Rejected
We aim to provide a useful resource to our web visitors while delivering high quality leads and sales to event organizers. In order to achieve this, listings may be rejected from a directory or deactivated from a category for any of the reasons below.
- Content of the listing is not a related to a specific event
- Event is listed in the wrong directory
- Event is listed in the wrong city
- You have already listed the event and the listing is a duplicate
- Event is listed in a category which is inaccurate according to the content of the listing
- Content contains offensive, harmful and/or abusive language
- Content contains references to illegal activity, malpractice, purposeful overcharging, false advertising
- Content contains personal attacks or describes physical confrontations and/or sexual harassment
- Language violates the standards of good taste or the standards of this website
- Content is determined by noo to be illegal, or to violate any federal, state, or local law or regulation or the rights of any other person or entity
- Language intends to impersonate other users
What happens if my listing is rejected?
If you've been notified that your listing has been rejected, this means you will not see your event in our directory, even if you have activated it in a category. You must submit a new listing with revised content. Or you may update your listing and email us. Your listing will be reviewed and you will be notified if it is approved again.
Submission of the same listing repeatedly may result in your account being suspended.
What happens if my listing has been deactivated from a category?
If you've been notified that your listing has been deactivated from a category it means you have not placed it in the correct category. Ultimately, listing your event in the right category creates a more useful resource for users and makes it easier for them to find your event. Simply login and Manage Promotion for your event and activate it in the appropriate category.
Do not attempt to keep reactivating in the same category for which you were rejected simply to take advantage of our free listings. Our editors and contributors actively monitor listings for quality and abuse.